Val-Matic offer the most comprehensive range of Air Valves in the industry. Val-Matic’s Air Valves are essential for achieving an effective and efficient application. Their innovative designs and value-adding features help maintain system efficiency by venting air thus reducing any flow restriction and consequential pumping costs and provide important system protection thus reducing the potential for destructive surges and water hammer.
For more information on how Val-Matic Air Valves works, please click here.
Informative Articles & News about Air Valves:
Inflow Prevention solutions by Valmatic
Valmatic testing of Combination Air Valve Coating in Wastewater Applications
Valmatic Air Valves for water and wastewater system applications
Features and Benefits of Air Valves:
For Clean water applications:
- Unconditionally guaranteed stainless steel floats: Guaranteed from corrosion, collapse and leakage for the whole life of the valve
- Simple Lever and Compound Lever Models: Suitable for low flow rates (simple) and high flow rates (compound) – ability to balance cost with mechanical advantage.
- Type 316 Stainless steel trim: Provides the greatest protection from aggressive waters, corrosive media and potential hydrogen sulphide exposure.
- Guided floats: Assures the float approaches the centre of the seat every time to provide a positive drop tight seal ensuring reliability and zero-leakage.
- Resilient seating for positive shut-off: Seats contain raised sealing beads and a unique flex edge that provide consistent shut-off from the lowest system pressure to the valve’s rated working pressure.
- Full size of flow area: Inlets and outlets are equal to or larger than the area of the nominal valve size, providing maximum protection (for Air-Vacuum Valves).
- Performance proven for over 40 years: Proven reliability and long-life
For Wastewater applications:
- Fusion bonded epoxy coatings: Specialist baked-on interior coatings minimise the build-up of sewage on the inside of the valve – no need for backwashing, reduces maintenance, clogging and prevents corrosion of the valve.
- Extended length of bodies with sloped bottom designs: Prevent solid material from reaching the operating mechanism & accelerates closure to reduce leakage and clogging of the valve.
- Self-cleaning float guides: Float stems pass through round stainless steel bushings which prevent the build-up of debris or scale and cleans the bushings in the process (for Air-Vacuum Valves).
- Light weight stainless steel internal construction: Eliminates corrosion of the valve
Extra Features of Combination Air Valves:
- Single body incorporates both features within one valve: More compact and economical
- Dual body consists of two independent valves: Allows individual maintenance while still protecting pipeline and offers a wider range of sizing options
- Inlets and outlets are equal to full nominal size: Providing maximum protection
Air Valves Brochure
MGA Controls Ltd are fully trained and committed to the Val-Matic product range. With a long standing partnership, exclusivity in the market-place, and success in specifying Val-Matic’s products into the UK water industry, we have plenty of experience and technical expertise. For any enquiries or technical advice please call our experts on 44 (0) 870 803 2001 or send us an enquiry.
How Val-Matic Air Release Valves work:
Valmatic Air Release Valves continuously release accumulated air during system operation. As air from the pipeline enters the system, it displaces the water, allowing a float to drop, thus allowing air to vent out of the valve through a small orifice. This then allows the float to rise and closes the valve orifice. This process will continue to ensure all collected air is removed from the system.
Air Release Valve (for Clean Water) Datasheet/Specifications
Air Release Valve (for Wastewater) Datasheet/Specifications
How Val-Matic Air Vacuum Valves work:
Valmatic’s Air Vacuum Valves are used to exhaust large quantities of air upon system start up, whilst also allowing air to re-enter the line upon system shut down or system failure. As water enters the valve, the float will rise, closing the discharge port. The valve will not open to release any air whilst the system is under pressure (until it reaches 0 psi).
Air Vacuum Valve (for Clean Water) Datasheet/Specifications
Air Vacuum Valve (for Wastewater) Datasheet/Specifications
How Val-Matic Combination Air Valves work:
Valmatic’s Combination Air Valves perform both the function of an Air Release Valve (release air continuously during operation) and an Air Vacuum Valve (exhaust large quantities of air on start-up, shut-down or failure). A dual body configuration allows maintenance to be conducted on the Air Release Valve whilst the Air Vacuum valve is still protecting the system, and vice-versa.
Combination Air Valves (for Clean Water) Datasheet/Specifications
Combination Air Valves (for Wastewater) Datasheet/Specifications
Back to top