This article gives an overview of Labom’s Diaphragm Seals for their Pressure measurement instruments. Labom offers a wide range of Diaphragm seals which can be adapted to suit various hygienic applications such as food, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
Labom’s extensive range of innovative Diaphragm seals are a differentiating factor which sets them apart from other Pressure Measurement and Management companies. If your application contains high temperature, high viscous or aggressive media and there is potential for pressure peaks and pipe hammer, using Labom’s pressure instrumentation and seals could save you a great deal of time and money.
- They separate the sensitive sensor element from the process, thus protecting it from:
- Aggressive, highly viscous process liquids
- High process liquid temperatures and temperature variations
- Pressure peaks and pipe hammer
- Transmitting the process pressure to the sensor element
- Hygienic process adaptation of pressuring measuring instruments
Labom Diaphragm’s seals are adapted to suit the pressure measuring instrument in any given application through their design, the choice of materials and the manufacturing method used.
Some examples of Labom’s Diaphragm Seals are given below:
- Membrane-type Diaphragm seals: Diaphragm seals are fitted in the process to a weld-on nipple on the pipe or tank. The dead volume of the weld-on nipple can be minimised by using tube-type Diaphragm seals.
- Inline Diaphragm Seals: for achieving process adaptation with no dead zones or gaps. With Inline Diaphragm seals the seals are almost circular in shape and the membrane is raised there is no turbulence.
- Diaphragm Seal Liquids: Various food-grade system fills are available for different requirements.
- Temperature Decouplers and Capillaries: by introducing a temperature Decoupler between the diaphragm seal and pressure instrument media as high as 400DegC can be measured and monitored. By introducing capillaries, pressure measuring instruments are protected from vibrations.
Labom’s Diaphragm Seal technology has the following characteristics:
- Flush-mounted, robust membrane with suitable surface finish of Ra ≤ 0.4 µm
- Laser-welded membrane, roughness of weld Ra ≤ 0.8 µm
- CIP and SIP compatible
- Numerous process connections for practically every process adaptation
- Wetted parts made of 1.4435 (316L) as standard and with reduced delta ferrite as per Basle Standard BN 2
- Food-grade coatings
- Material inspection certificate to DIN EN 10204
For more information or to discuss how Labom Pressure instruments can benefit your Process application, please contact us to discuss your requirements on +44 (0) 870 803 2001 or send us an enquiry.