MGA Controls Ltd has been an established supplier of Control & Instrumentation solutions and services to industry for over 30 years, supplying major brands such as Val-matic, Orbinox, ValveTork, Singer Valve, IMI Precision, Maxseal, Bifold, Burkert, Baumer, Buschjost and Herion, into a wide range of industry sectors.
We currently hold framework contracts for a number of major Water Utility companies throughout the UK and have the exclusive distribution rights for the supply of the Val-matic range into the UK & Ireland marketplace.
- Valmatic is a market leader for the supply of air release valves, plug valves and check valves into Utilities, Construction, and Industrial market sectors.
MGA Controls will typically supply these products directly to end users within the water utilities sector and to tier 1 and tier 2 contractors.
The role will initially involve identifying with end user problems and issues within the UK potable and wastewater treatment sectors and to assist users to identify and implement effective solutions. The successful candidate should be able to contribute in each of the following areas.
- To introduce new and existing products and solutions into the water distribution and wastewater sectors in the UK.
- To assist end users to experience some of the benefits and savings that can be achieved by the effective deployment of these technically innovative products.
- To organize and deliver training programmes into the water industry on how to size, commission, maintain and repair a wide variety of valves.
- To help establish and promote The Val-matic brand into the UK marketplace and across Europe.
- To work towards agreed sales targets and performance metrics
- To participate in sales/technical calls to key end-users, engineers, and water industry suppliers.
- To take the lead in training other agents or distributors on how to market, sell and support products successfully.
The successful candidate should have the following experience:
- Worked in support of the water distribution and/or water treatment industry for several years.
- Will have experience of and the ability to work remotely if required
- Will have extensive knowledge of the issues, needs, and demands of the UK water industry. An understanding of Totex and cost benefit analysis would be beneficial.
- Will be up to date on water leakage management issues within the UK
- Will have been involved in the specifying, commissioning, or maintaining of valves to the Water Industry.
- Will have an extensive network of contacts within the UK Water Industry
- Will have considerable knowledge and experience of control valves and in particular, a knowledge of other competing products within the Water Industry.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a sales or business development environment.
Personal attributes and qualifications
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level or equivalent with a relevant engineering background.
- He/she will be a self-motivated individual with a demonstrable ability to work without direct supervision.
- A strong desire to succeed and an aptitude to strive towards target achievement will be essential qualities.
- Personable with well-developed interpersonal skills that will allow effective communication with management and maintenance staff alike.
Excellent Salary/Bonus package negotiable depending on experience.