Conventional temperature measurement, where a temperature measurement probe or sensor is inserted into the process media, is not acceptable in some applications, for example when conditions are hygienic or corrosive. This article introduces the LABOM range of ‘Clamp-On’ temperature measurement equipment as a measurement solution in such applications.
How do engineers accurately and regularly measure the temperature of this challenging process media, without posing a significant threat to personnel and without installing highly expensive devices made out of specialist materials?
LABOM ‘Clamp-on’ Temperature measurement equipment
LABOM have patented their ‘Clamp-on’ technology’, which literally means their high accuracy, fast-response temperature measurement devices can be clamped on to existing pipework.
LABOM’s GA 2600 standard thermometers, consists of a PT100 resistance thermometer and a plastic sleeve that allows the thermometer to be mounted directly on the outside of a PTFE pipe.
Application benefits of ‘clamp-on’ thermometers:
- Temperatures can be easily measured by an external device that is easily & quickly
installed on any pipe system.
- The installation is quick & easy; engineers simply have to ‘clamp-on’ a two-piece collar, it requires no opening of the pipe system and no welding
- The customer never has to halt the production process, thus avoiding expensive inefficiencies and potentially life-threatening contact with highly corrosive and poisonous media.
- The device has a replaceable PT 100 measuring insert – there is no need to remove and reinstall the entire measuring device.
- Significantly more inexpensive temperature measurement solution, compared to temperature measurement devices made out of precious metals, such as gold and platinum.
- No ‘dead-pockets’ (inaccessible or restricted device areas such as nooks and crannies) created by conventional temperature measurement devices.
- Temperature measurement solution that is easy to handle and operate – it can be retrofitted to existing systems at any time
Does LABOM’s innovative, patented ‘Clamp-On’ technology provide you with the solution you have been looking for in your challenging application?
If you would like assistance with your instrument specification & selection, why not engage MGA with some Instrumentation training? Our experienced Technical experts will visit your team on site and deliver tailored training to address your specific instrumentation requirements.