A solenoid valve is an electromechanical valve that can be used to control the flow of liquid or gas. The solenoid converts an electrical signal in to a mechanical movement. The signal is sent to a coil and the movement occurs inside the valve.
How do they work?
How M&M solenoid valves normally operate is shown in the diagrams. A coil is assembled on to the valve body on an armature tube with an armature tube or moving core inside. The moving core is held in place by a counter spring. When the coil is charged the armature is attracted by its magnetic field and the main seal either opens or closes leaving a passage through the valve orifice.
M&Ms range of solenoid valves has only 2 different sizes of coil which reduces costs and provides maximum inter-changeability across their range. Their coils are available as 12vDC, 24vDC, 24v/50-60, 110v/50—120v/60, 200v/50-220/60 and 230/50-240/60 but other voltages are available on request.
Applications of M&M Solenoid Valves
- Water metering systems
- Mains water systems to prevent water hammer or as an electronic mixer tap
- Lubrication oil systems to provide oil at a sufficient pressure
- Diesel Fuel supply
- Low pressure water systems
- Vacuum applications such as a vacuum pump system
- Air dryers
- Hydro saunas
- Car washing equipment
Benefits of using M&M Solenoid Valves
- High quality products to suit all budgets
- Wide range for many applications
- Large stocks held in the UK which can give next day delivery
- All M&M products are CE approved and comply to the pressure equipment directive 97/23 EC
MGA Controls Ltd are fully trained in specifying M&M International’s complete product range. For technical advice, please call our technical team on +44 (0) 8444 501123.